BLH Stop Drop™ Barricading & BLH Guarding Solutions™
conform to relevant worldwide recognised standards and regulations. BLH Stop Drop™ Barricading & BLH Guarding
Solutions™ have been designed to comply and function in accordance with the
following standards and regulations with appropriate pre risk assessment
- AS-1657 This Australian standard sets out requirements for the design, construction and installation of fixed platforms, walkways, stairways and ladders which are intended to provide means of safe access to and safe working at places normally used by operating, inspection, maintenance and servicing personnel.
- AS-1576 This Australian Standard sets out design and operational requirements for scaffolding systems, scaffolding equipment and scaffolds. It also includes the specifications for catch platforms erected on scaffolds. The stairway details also apply to temporary stairways for use on a general construction site.
- AS-1170.2 This Australian Standard sets out procedures for determining wind speeds and resulting wind actions to be used in the structural design of structures subjected to wind actions other than those caused by tornadoes.
US Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- 29-CFR 1926.502(b)(5)- Midrails, screens, mesh, intermediate vertical members, solid panels, and equivalent structural members shall be capable of withstanding, without failure, a force of at least 150 pounds (666 N) applied in any downward or outward direction at any point along the midrail or other member.
International Organisation for Standardisation
- ISO-13849-1 provides safety requirements and guidance on the principles for the design and integration of safety-related parts of control systems (SRP/CS), including the design of software. For these parts of SRP/CS, it specifies characteristics that include the performance level required for carrying out safety functions. It applies to SRP/CS, regardless of the type of technology and energy used (electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, etc.), for all kinds of machinery. It does not specify the safety functions or performance levels that are to be used in a particular case.
Local Legislations and Regulations
BLH Stop Drop™ Barricading System/BLH Guarding Systems meet the criteria set out by local legislations / regulations in accordance with Safety Barricading/Guarding Systems requirements. These regulations are drawn up by the relevant governing bodies, for example:
- Department of Occupational Safety & Health (Ministry of Human Resources Malaysia)
- Workplace Safety & Health Act (Ministry of Manpower Singapore)
- Safety & Health Order 2009 (Brunei)
- Department of Labour (South Africa)
These regulations are developed based on one or more of the internationally recognised standards mentioned above.
Do you need a quote or some more information about or products?